Roto-blog

there's always a wind-up

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Thematics

It's just dawned on me that what I want this blog to do has something to to with themes - and being physically structured so that posts can be arranged according to their thematic content. The image that comes to mins is one of a table of contents showing the most recent post in a list of themes, and that each of the major thematic heading is hyperlinked to a page containing the most recent posts, or even all the posts. That means I want a blog with a branching structure, a bit like some bulletin boards or threaded discussion groups. More graphically, I want my blog to be like a book, with a contents page, chapters, and sections, where the chapters are infinitely expandable, where I can add section after section. At the moment, blogs are organised chronologically, which means that they have no thematic coherence. Perhaps some of the commercial blogging software has a structure that permists the kind of organisation I'm thinking of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home