Roto-blog

there's always a wind-up

Monday, October 04, 2004

cyberspacecadettin'

We are still trying to name that tune. Is it a cyberwonk or a space-out? I was just about to go for cyberspacecadet, but two things stopped me. One, this guy has already made it a name for his combination of hippiedom and kitsch web presence. There's no competing with that. The alternative is cybergeekdom. Two, the word has to function as verb and noun. It has to accommodate suffixes -ing, -ed, and the plural. Cyberspacecadetting? No thanks.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's a ring to the word "wonk" that is more like a thud-
    for some reason it sounds clunky to me. I was waiting to reply to this in the hopes that I'd wake up this morning with a suggestion, but I'm drawing a blank still. I lean towards Devo's expression still, but with a twist maybe :
    "resuming position"? "resumed positioning-'s"
    on second thought....errr, kerri? have any ideas?

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can I come back here with a related idea? how about we use this word search of yours like a game- I've already started doing this in a way.
    The other day you used the word 'counterpoint' in a message to me- I liked the image it gave me & I wanted to use it. It found its way into my recent post to express a mood I was in, in a slightly different context-- relating to a classical music format. Now that there's at least two regular bloggers who stop by in here- me & kerri- maybe the three of us could play by working off of a word or phrase as a springboard for our blog entry on a given day.

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger d3 said…

    I'm game for that, although it's a bit contrived to write a blog around a particular word - in contrast to the way you used it, where counterpoint seemed to fit some other purpose in the first instance. You had serendipity on your side.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home