Roto-blog

there's always a wind-up

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Trip On This


 Posted by Hello

 When was the last time you saw a banana peel on the pavement? Did it make you feel as though you were in an unpredictable place, that something unexpected might happen? I mean that in the sense of coming across something unlikely, such as a banana peel on the pavement. It's not an everyday occurence. Regardless, we have all got it firmly fixed in our minds to keep an eye out for banana peels on the ground. So when I came across this banana peel today, it was a sure sign that something was up. I was careful to give it a wide berth, and was almost on the point of telling the people behind me to be wary, but decided to take a photo instead. Fortunately no banana-induced mishaps occured, but I'll bet it's still out there - lurking in the dark - waiting to pounce on some unsuspecting drunken youth.


 It makes me feel as though I live where strange and unexpected things could happen at any moment. The rest of my walk through the village was conducted with an air of discreet wariness, exemplified by a search for cryptic symbols and unusual objects in the landscape. Suffice to say that the banana peel made Moseley exciting. Briefly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home