Roto-blog

there's always a wind-up

Monday, September 13, 2004

Monday Morning Blog


Sometimes I have nothing to say. But I've gotten into the habit of writing something while I wake up. It helps get my brain in gear while my body does its transition from sluggishness to mobility. So the challenge this morning is to say something of passing interest to anyone else. Id est, it will be short.



It's a Monday. That could be a topic of interest. This is the Monday morning blog. It sits in the same mental space as Monday morning hangover, and Monday morning Quarterback. Are there any other categories I should include? No? I can't think of any either. So, what's my definition of the Monday Morning Blog?



Brain not quite ready for this. Therefore it must be part of the definition - in a not quite ready for prime time way. Rough around the edges, and some way into the middle as well. Still in thrall to the weekend? Some memorable blog that keeps coming back for more, but which has to be suppressed in the interest of getting on with the day job? Check. Coming up with a list of things that need to be dealt with this week, some of which might make memorable blog material? Ditto. Plus the list of things I didn't get done over the week end? Check. Wondering what is in store for me today? Who is going to write, who is going to come by with some request, or about unfinished business? Yes. Each of these things. So I better get on with it. Heh. Just like that. I'm off.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Monday morning report: the earth continues to rotate, with Monday cracking its dawn on this side of the pond .
    I'm seeing fingers of sunlight poking through-right---about----------now. ahhh- still the sound of crickets in the grass as background music, nice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home