Roto-blog

there's always a wind-up

Friday, September 10, 2004

I'll Pass

This is not the hilarious story it could be, but maybe it will prompt someone else into having the experience.
Someone visting my website liked what he saw, and wrote to me. He also happened to be planning a trip to England, and suggested meeting. He was on an extrreme budget, and decided to take the coach (that's bus to you stay-at-home Yanks) from Manchester to here. I told him I'd meet him at the bus stop outside the coach station.

Well, as it turns out, I'm a bit late in getting there. His coach has come and gone, but he's nowhere in sight. I walk around looking for him, asking various staff if a German guy has asked about bus stops. No one has seen him. So I walk to the plaza up the road, look around, and come back. This is no longer about missing each otehr by a few minutes and hanging out somewhere for a little while. I wonder if he even got off the coach. Maybe he's gone to some other town. Maybe he hates hanging around and just took off. I go back and ask for a piece of paper, a piece of tape, and a marker. I want to make a sign, but I can't think of what to write, aside from his name. Then he shows up.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    someone I knew once said, "timing is everything"

    I seems to be true more often than not

     

Post a Comment

<< Home