Roto-blog

there's always a wind-up

Friday, September 03, 2004

Chapter 5 In A Nutshell

You want to know what I did today? I reckon that's one function of a blog. I
sit here at the end of the day and natter away on the keys. Anyone who cares
to drop by can get a little look-in on my activities.



Did I go out? Briefly. Down to the village to stretch my legs. On the way
back I saw someone I know sitting in a barbican. Well, if it wasn't a
barbican, I'm calling it one. I'll get a photo of it soon and paste it here.
Diane. She was sitting on one of the benches eating her lentil sprout salad.
She and her partner live on the other side of the city, so I didn't believe
my eyes at first, but did a double take, and sure enough, it was Diane. So I
stopped to chat for a while. I told her I was just out
stretching my legs. I added that I spend too much time standing or sitting
in one place, so I'm trying to do things that involve some flexing of the
torso.



"Hula Hoops" she said. "Get yourself some hoops."



Good for Diane. That's the kind of suggestion I like. Totally practical,
easy as mud, and silly enough to be fun. So where can I get me a hula hoop?
Woolie's? I'll hafta go look. From there we decide that what we needed to do
was make an exercise video for people of a h~f'mbffm age. She said she does
five minutes of skipping when she feels the need for exercise. I thought
that sounded like something worth getting on film, so I asked her to make
some snaps and send them along. If I find a hula hoop, I'll make a web page
with undignified but thoroughly happy people hopping, skipping, twirling and
wiggling. Hop, Skip, Twirl & Wiggle: Exercise For Your 2nd Childhood. Then
it will be a children's book.



Eventually I left Diane and got back home and back to work on Chapter 5. I
am not gonna upload the thing here, so I figured out the chapter concordance
of keywords, and made a screenshot, and then a JPEG of that. I wish there
was some way of making those words into tags, and having them connect to
various things on the internet but I'm not gonna take the time to figure
that one out. Not today.



That's the short version of my day.



Back to eTwine




1 Comments:

  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger k said…

    Hi David...
    I was reading my own blog and happened to click "Next" button up at the top. Never noticed this feature before, but I thought I'd give it a whirl. It took me to you. What a fun little diversion, and some interesting ideas about exercise as well. *giggles* Anyway. Good luck with the HulaHoop Workout and whatever book it is you're working on (sorry, I didn't have time to go back for more info...but I'll probably bookmark you and try later)!
    Incidentally: http://westward_ho.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home