Roto-blog

there's always a wind-up

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Unexplained

Last week when Linda started asking about putting photos in the blog, she said that the images would be the entire post - there would be no words of explanation. I can relate to that. So in my own image-posting, I've been aware of the pretentiousness of saying what the images is about, or even where and when it is from. So I've been calling every image Photo, aside from the ones that are in series. But over at Flickr, there's a cool feature called tagging, which is an indirect means of linking to other photos with the same tags.

So I broke my own 'policy' and started adding words of explanation. I've been deliberately using adjectives in my online profiles for about a month to describe myself and my interests, so I stuck mostly with that approach. It gets around the 'factual' description (who, what, where, when, how and why). It does more than that.

more later... life interrupts.

Back to eTwine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home