Roto-blog

there's always a wind-up

Monday, September 06, 2004

Bloto-Rog

Bloto-rog? Blotto-Rag? Nevermind.



You'll have noticed that I'm finagling with the colors and layout here. As ever, I'm averse to consuming things straight from the can. I want some finishing touches of my own. My motto should be 'Never Leave Well Enough Alone'. So I downloaded some templates and have been monkeying with the guts of one called photolog. I'm not done yet. I like this one because it's uncluttered and the text area is wider than the others. But it doesn't have any paragraph formatting. Which is why all the lines run together. I have to separate them manually with line break commands. That will have to change. And there are no Post Titles. I'll either teach myself to do it, or find another template.



I am also into playing with the colors. I also want an image covering part of the background. So, tell me about stuff. Are the colors wrong? Too bright? Font too big?

2 Comments:

  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Martijn said…

    The Photolog template is positively unsuited for a text based blog; hence its name.

    You need to redo big parts of it and add new styles to get it to work with text.

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I personally don't mind the template as such, - IF you are able to have the paragraph ability that you'd like
    But- what irks me is the purple text on the orange background-it's uncomfortable on the eyes.
    And very cool photos today. My gosh, the summer is on its last legs over there, isn't it. I've worked with petroglyphs in the designs of my work in past years, & was suprised to se the "bicycle" glyph- very unusual.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home