Roto-blog

there's always a wind-up

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Comments?

Do people actually want coments in response to their blog posts?
On Roto-blog I can disable the option for comments. I could use the blog as a soapbox, without wanting any feedback. I don't know if this is possible on eTwine. It makes me think twice about whether the other bloggers want comments on their posts. It even makes me wonder if people are seeking conversation, or if they would rather avoid it.

So that leaves three distinct things to consider: that bloggers want interaction; that they want comments, but not conversation; or, that they want neither comments nor conversation. Hmm.

I do not think that just because someone posts things that they want feedback about them. But this case is probably the exception rather than the rule. I would gues that most people are happy to get a little feedback, and some people look forward to carrying on a conversation.

Of course, you'll always have the pretenders - people who really would rather not have any feedback at all, but who are too polite to stop people. That's what great about bulletin boards - people get into the strangest moods and start slagging each other.

I think I better hold it right there....

Back to eTwine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home